TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BUSINESS
1. Payment due date is 30 days from date of invoice and final receipt (by Repit-UK) of payment is 45 days from date of invoice for all account customers unless otherwise agreed in writing by both parties PRIOR to commencement of works. Non-account customers must pay in full prior to works commencing.
2. Retention is 0% (works are warrantied unless otherwise stated).
3. No discounts are applicable unless agreed in writing PRIOR to commencement of works. Any document requiring a signature must be signed by a duly authorised representative.
4. We reserve the right to apply Statutory Late Payment Interest at current Governmental guidelines on the full amount outstanding per invoice due date. [As per guidance in the late payment of commercial debts (interests) Act 1998.
5. Communications relating to the validation, certification and authorisation of the payment process must be confined to a single contact/department from the customer’s side. Repit-UK does not take the responsibility in engaging in multiple lines of correspondence with company representatives, or conducting enquiries with peripheral parties within the organisation to facilitate payment release.
6. Defects liability period is 12 months from completion of Sub-Contract works OR as agreed in writing between parties PRIOR to commencement of works.
7. Our prices include all materials and labour so there are no additional extras however, all access requirements (scaffold/towers, MEWPS) are the responsibility of the requesting party unless agreed in writing PRIOR to commencement. Additional charges will be made for access equipment supplied.
8. Our estimates are based on free, unfettered access to the works area. Should the repair be situated in an area where employee’s/family members will be during normal office hours/in the house, then you would need for them to find an alternative workspace/clear the room whilst the repairs are being carried out for health and safety reasons, and to protect the repairs whilst they cure.
9. Working in close proximity of others can affect the curing repair as it can lead to dust and
debris landing on the repair before it has set. If this cannot be arranged, an ‘out of hours’
quotation can be provided.
10. External works are dependent on current weather conditions, and the possibility of precipitation.
11. Please note that it is the express responsibility of the requesting contracting party to inspect and accept (by means of signature on Repit-UK portal or paperwork) completed works daily. Failure to provide such representative will be deemed as acceptance and signature for all work completed (subject to alternative arrangements agreed in advance and in writing between the parties).
12. A written request for attendance must be received by email, fax or post confirming client requirements PRIOR to Repit-UK attendance. Any order must contain the following detail:
a. The name, contact details and title of the person ordering the work.
b. Confirmation that they have the authority of their employer to order such works.
c. Company name and address.
d. Site address and contact details.
e. Contact details of on-site person authorised to accept works each day.
f. Contact details of the Quantity Surveyor (or other person) responsible for acceptance and payment of the invoices.
g. Invoice address.
h. Any other requirements of the purchasing company/individual to facilitate payment for works need to be provided at the time of booking and NOT after the event. Any information not requested at time of order subsequently requested or relied upon after Sub Contract works completion will not be a valid reason for delay of settlement of invoices.
i. Photographs as requested by Repit-UK.
j. Paint colour (RAL) or manufacturer's details and sheen (if known).
k. Any special texture, design or other finish relevant to the works.
l. Any special or peculiar circumstances or limiting factors relevant to the location of the works, their surroundings and the safety of Repit-UK operatives and those in the vicinity.
m. Power supply available 240v/110v.
n. Lighting condition, i.e. fixed, temporary or task (with temporary or task lighting it is accepted by the contracting party that subtle colour difference may be experienced when permanent lighting is installed). Responsibility for any variance and subsequent re-visit (and cost) rests entirely with the requesting party.
o. Any restrictions on ventilation or requirement thereof.
p. Parking availability (on site / off site).
q. Site operating hours.
r. Notification of any other condition or pre-requisite for the accurate completion of Method Statements and Risk assessments.
s. Site induction times/dates.
13. Failure to comply with clause 6 above places all responsibility of risk and delay with the requesting contracting party.
14. Repit-UK do not agree to acceptance of any documentation or reference to documentation not supplied and agreed prior to attendance. No responsibility is taken for damage caused to the Sub Contract works either during or after the event unless such damage is expressly attributable to Repit-UK staff. Sub Contract works will have the adjacent area protected at the time of repair and removed upon completion.
15. Construction Industry (Taxation) Scheme – Repit-UK is paid Gross under this scheme and our Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) will be supplied upon request.
16. C.I.T.B – Repit-UK is not a member of this scheme as the bespoke nature of our works requires we train all operatives ourselves. Therefore NO deductions under this scheme should be made.
17. Failure to gain safe access to the Sub Contract works on the day of booking will be deemed an “abortive visit” and will be charged for in full. Cancellations inside of 24 hours will also be charged in full.
18. Delays to Sub-Contract work beyond the control of Repit-UK (and accepting weather or Force Majeure) but directly attributable to others may result in additional charges.
19. The Glass Polishing process requires the removal of some glass. The polishing process also produces heat. On rare occasions the glass may crack or break during the restoration process, this can be a result of thermal stress or more likely to other unknown existing flaws / imperfections or faults in the glass itself. Repit-UK does not take responsibility for this occurrence. The glass is already damaged and in need of replacement prior to our attendance.
20. Repit-UK cannot be held responsible for sight distortions caused by the polishing process (as
glass polishing is a technique of removing material and not adding material) in cases of distortion
beyond the acceptable GGF regulations no charge will be made.